JEV sucht eine neue Geschäftsführung!
Die JEV sucht eine neue Geschäftsführung. Die Person verantwortet für die tägliche Arbeit der Organisation, leitet das Büro und arbeitet eng mit dem ehrenamtlichen Vorstand. Die Stelle ist ab 1. Januar 2021 zu besetzen. Der Arbeitsort ist Berlin, Charlottenburg.
Hinweis: die folgende Ausschreibung ist nur auf Englisch verfügbar. Die Englischkenntnisse ist für diese Stelle eine Grundvoraussetzung.
- Management of YEN Office and conduct of its daily affairs (including administration and communication);
- Financial management, administrative support and bookkeeping;
- Financial management of the organisation: budget controlling, handling of YEN’s bank accounts and all payments, bookkeeping etc
- Fundraising (searching for grant opportunities and developing partnerships),
- Development of project ideas; preparation and reporting of grant applications (on the European, national and regional level);
- Management and support of YEN staff;
- Support of the voluntary work of board members and their activities;
- Work in the field of European minority policy and European youth work.
Being Secretary-General of YEN is a demanding position, requiring excellent organisational and leadership skills.
Preferred qualifications of the applicant:
- Excellent knowledge of both English and German, additional languages are an advantage;
- Experience in NGO work, preferably youth organisations, ideally on a European level and in leading position;
- University degree and/or relevant work experience;
- Proven practical experience in financial and project management, applications and reporting to various institutions;
- Excellent organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and to work under high pressure and tight deadlines;
- Ability to lead, motivate and support the team as well as delegate tasks;
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as intercultural competences;
- Experience or interest in the field of human rights and/ or autochthonous national minorities are an advantage;
- Willing to work flexibly, also at the weekend and willing to travel;
- Knowledge about politics, policies, history and European contexts.
The applicant should show flexibility, initiative, personal commitment and motivation on supporting the activities promoted by the organisation.
- Full-time position (40 hours per week);
- Flexible working conditions;
- Workplace in the centre of Berlin (Charlottenburg) with good public transport connection;
- Frequent and extensive travel;
- Work in a dedicated young team;
- Inspiring and creative work environment at international level;
- The opportunity to enhance your knowledge of national minorities in Europe and youth work.
Work start: ideally 1 January 2021
Job location: Berlin-Charlottenburg, Germany
Application deadline: 23 November 2020, submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The job interviews will take place in Berlin or digitally between 27 and 30 November 2020.
The applications should include:
- an application letter in English or German explaining the candidate’s motivation and qualification;
- a curriculum vitae,
- if available: references and credentials.
sent in one PDF file. A short introductory video in the other language than the application letter either English or German would be appreciated.
Tel: +49 17624775832
(Quelle: Pressemitteilung der YEN/JEV vom 12. November 2020)