International and national minority law
There are several international treaties and national legislative provisions on the protection of national minorities.
In German, European and international law there are provisions that protect all the national minorities in Germany and their languages and also the regional language of Low German equally. These general measures do not distinguish between the different groups.
- Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE)
- Council of Europe and the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR)
- European Union (EU)
- German Basic Law (Grundgesetz)
- Allgemeines Gleichbehandlungsgesetz (AGG)
- Specific minority legislation and measures by the German regions (Lands)
- Political bodies related to minority issues
Witajśo k nam!